Author: Aaron Goodnough
•2:29 PM



It's funny how your weekend plans can change so quickly. My plan this particular weekend was to get some work done in the yard, catch up on computer work and just have some relaxing time with the girls. No such luck.

We came back to the house on Saturday and were eating lunch and my 5 year old commented to me - "It sure is getting dark outside." I really hadn't noticed, but after taking a peek into the backyard she was in fact correct. Something was coming in - and fast. We saw my neighbor running into her house away from the strong winds blowing in and that sent us packin'. I assure you, seeing her in slight trot would have been enough, but when she ran, it got my attention! Lunch plans commenced in the basement 30 seconds later.

When we emerged 15 minutes later and looked outside we saw our patio furniture two houses over, my large grill had been flipped and in the front yard - the rest of our day had been planned out. (See pictures) A 50 foot pine tree had been pulled from the ground and fallen across the only way in and out of our sub. No harm really. Our neighborhood mobilized quickly and we spent the rest of the afternoon chopping that big boy up.

Who says you can't fun with your kids unless you have money? They had a ball with all the people in the street and I have scratches from head to toe to show I did in fact due yard work - just not as planned.




This entry was posted on 2:29 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: