Author: Aaron Goodnough
•3:52 PM
Let's make it clear right away, my wife and I started a family late so we could "plan" for children. Ooops!

We made lots of mistakes in our youth, both personally and financially, but recovered quite well and have, very thankfully, done well for ourselves.

Through the years as we were gathering a bit of momentum we came to a mutual understanding that two kids were ideal for us considering our hectic lifestyle. I won't say that our lives are any more chaotic that anyone else's, but both of our families frequently comment on how much we have going on at any one time. In this day and age I believe this to be more than the norm than the exception.

My first daughter was born just over five years ago with the help of a very inspired, helpful and encouraging infertility doctor. Our third infertility physician, I should mention. We named her Grace because, in my wife's own words - "Grace is something I have never had!" She is a super kid! Laid back with a great personality and when she grows up she wants to be a rock star/princess - who doesn't?


Our second daughter was born three years later with a full head of hair of which she most definitely did not inherit from her father. Sydney is a handful, but she is as funny as she is trouble. We also had to use infertility drugs and insemination to conceive her, but we had our family as planned, so all was well.


Imagine my surprise after I receieved a phone call last Friday from my wife telling me she thought she was pregnant!! No drugs, no plan - no possible way! Well it was possible and is now a reality - she is with child and we are both now just grasping the reality of that. She is due in December - almost a year to the date after my 40th birthday. My knees are still weak - my head is still racing, but you know what - it's all going to work out...

Next business venture - car seats for golf carts!

This entry was posted on 3:52 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: